Monday 25 September 2017

Babaji's Lila with Shdema


Babaji's Lila with Shdema

Babaji would allow people to stay in His ashram for limited times, according to whatever that person needed to learn from Him. For some people it would be one day, other a few days, and for some, if they were lucky, a few weeks or even months. The intensity of energy, just being around Babaji, was sometimes overwhelming, and He would certainly “crack your ease”.

“Babaji’s ability to read my thoughts often amazed me to no end. At first, it scared the daylights out of me; then I found it amusing and even exhilarating; soon I got used to it. Everyone around me took it as a matter of fact that Babaji knew not only their thoughts, but their every activity and conversation, near or far away. I also experienced this phenomenon.

“It was during my second visit to Babaji that I suddenly felt that I was crazy to be there, so far away from home, away from my husband, my son, my work, my style of life, etc. I was out in the jungle with snakes, and with worms in my stool. I had insects biting me all night long. It was hot.

“I wondered, am I a masochist or what? What did I need all this for? So I decided to ask Babaji specifically what it is He can teach me. I thought to myself that if He could teach me teleportation, then it would be worth my while to endure the suffering.

“I gathered courage, for it had been recommended to me to never ask Him for anything. I had been told that He knows exactly what I need and that He would supply me with the appropriate teachings at the right time. Still, I asked Him, ‘What can you teach me, and can I learn teleportation?’
“He answered, ‘I can teach you how to be silent and how to obey my orders. You talk too much, I don’t like people that talk too much … you can leave tomorrow.’

“So I had to leave the next day. A part of me was happy, and a part was sad. I packed my luggage and was ready to leave. As I sat on the steps, waiting for the horse, after I had said goodbye to everyone, I closed my eyes and started to question myself: ‘Where did I go wrong? What did I do? All I asked was whether you could teach me teleportation.’

“What I heard in my mind was: ‘You have too many desires.’ ‘Aha! So that’s what it was,’ I thought. Okay, I was willing to let go of all my desires. I tuned inward to make sure that I meant it, and I saw a few desires here and there that I did not think I could let go of.

“I started repeating silently in my mind that I was now truly willing to give up all my desires. To make sure that I really meant it, I repeated it with my name. ‘I, Shdema, am willing to give up all of my desires.’ I felt that I was sincere. I opened my eyes and saw Babaji standing right next to me. He told me, ‘You can stay.’ I smiled and took my luggage back to my room.”

(Dr. Shdema Goodman, Psychologist, U.S.A., 1986. Extract from her book, Babaji, Meeting with Truth, at HaidakhanVishwa Mahadham, Page 64.)